Summer doesn’t last long here in Norway, but this year brought many surprises. First of all, summer lasted more than a week, which means sun and 30+ degrees Celsius several days in a row. Second of all, I managed to spend many days and nights with good company, which was this year’s goal seeing as most of my friends are moving away for university. (While I’m stayinG…)
I have a habit of listening to one single track for days, maybe weeks, on end, which my Last.fm account documents. There are a few tracks I want to share with you. Listening to these reminds me of good times (all linked to Spotify):
- #1: In Our Prime by The Black Keys
- #1: Porno by Arcade Fire
- #2: Mister Sandman by The Chordettes, covered by Pomplamoose
- #2: Cineramascope (feat. Trombone Shorty and Corey Henry) by Galactic
- #4: Sexy Sadie by Ramsey Lewis (a Beatles cover)
- #5: Call It What You Want by Foster The People
I was supposed to see Franz Ferdinand play live in August, but wasn’t able to due to an injured foot. Injured by surgery. Laser!
Useless foot aside, I have many fond memories, as well as a horrible tan line (read: Socks and wristwatch).
Any songs that remind you of something?